Welcome to Band Camp!
Let’s get ready for Marching Season with Band Camp! We’ll work with music coaches, learn marching skills, prepare our field show, and bond closely together as a team.
A detailed itinerary of each day will be provided a week before camp starts, but here are the basics of each day. If you haven’t already, please fill out the Band Camp Commitment form to let us know you will be attending.
- Thursday Aug 8, Friday Aug 9 – Uniform Fitting Appointments & Instrument check-outs for returning students.
- Friday Aug 9 – Band Camp for Freshmen/New students, SLOHS Band Room, 9 – 3 p.m. including instrument check-out and uniform fitting
- Saturday Aug 10 – All Band Members Day, SLOHS Band Room, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Parent Social, 8:30, Parent Meeting 9 -10a.m.)
- Sunday Aug 11 – All Band Members Day, SLOHS Band Room, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Monday Aug 12 – (No Orientation this year) Students & gear driven by parent carpool to Camp Ocean Pines. (See the full packing list here. Please bring money to pay for one lunch in Cambria during camp days)
- Monday Aug 12 – Wednesday Aug 14 – Camp Ocean Pines, returned by parent carpool early evening Wed. 8/14.
Uniform Fitting for Returning Students by Appointment
Sign-ups for timeslots available soon.
Freshman & New Member Day, SLOHS Band Room
Led by the student band board, this orientation will welcome all new members into the band with a variety of activities and marching practice. You’ll check out instruments and get fitted for you uniform.
All-Band Members Days, SLOHS Band Room
All new and returning band students will meet in the band room for a day of marching. You’ll learn about Camp Ocean Pines.
There will be no Monday morning orientation this year. Power School will be opened the week or so before school for viewing of schedules online. Student pictures will be taken when school has started.
Camp Ocean Pines
Students will participate in sectional lessons with professional coaches, marching practice, full rehearsals, evening campfire, free time in Cambria (bring money for lunch), and many other fun activities. Check out our photo gallery. This accredited camp comes with dining hall, amphitheater and cabins, for nine students and a chaperone, each with a bathroom and shower. All meals, snacks, and drinks at Camp Ocean Pines are provided. You’ll have a chance to let Ms. Jeskey know of any food allergies or dietary considerations. Students will be driven by parent carpool to and from camp. This helps us save a lot of money on buses. campoceanpines.org
Sleeping bags and duffel bags are available to lend. Please don’t hesitate to ask!
Drive north past Morro Bay and Cayucos toward Cambria approxiamately 35 miles.
Turn Left at the Ardath Dr. and take it until you reach a 4-way stop. Continue straight on Ardath veering slightly to the left once the ocean is in view. Turn left onto Randall Dr. after reaching the next stop sign. From here you will travel up a hill and the sign for Camp Ocean Pines will be on your right.
If you have any questions about band camp or need to borrow equipment, contact Nisha Abdul-Cader at email@example.com.