DAY BAND CAMP @ SLOHS: What to Bring/Wear
- Athletic workout clothes
- Supportive closed-toe shoes and socks for marching Vans and Converse not recommended (not enough support)
- Hat (you will be in the sun much of the time)
- Water bottle with your name on it
- Sack lunch (snacks will be provided)
AWAY BAND CAMP @ GRANITE RIDGE: What to PACK
Pack your items in a sturdy duffle bag, suitcase or large plastic bag that can handle being on the dusty ground.
Be prepared for hot and cool weather.
DO NOT BRING: Illegal substances, weapons, laptops, tablets, video games, DVD players, fire starters.
- Instrument and items such as reeds, valve oil, or mouthpiece. Music and Flip Folder will be provided.
- Jacket – to wear over a sweatshirt. It will be cold at night, even if hotin the daytime!
- Layered work-out clothes appropriate for the weather – for marching, stretching, running. School appropriate. Plan for hot temps (90s) during the day). Include at least one long pair of pants for evening activities.
- Shoes – Supportive, close-toed shoes and socks for marching. Vans or Converse are not recommended. They are too flat and won’t be good support for all the standing and marching. No bare feet allowed.
- Bathing suit (there will be pool time)
- Flip flops for pool/shower
- Hat or Visor
- Sleeping Bag or blanket bedroll.
- Twin fitted sheet (optional – This makes the mattress more comfy.)
- Beach (or Bath) Towel
- Wash Cloth/Shampoo
- Deodorant & Chapstick
- Hair Ties (as needed)
- Feminine supplies, etc.
- Medication – Bring enough only for three days, in original prescription container.
- Sunglasses (recommended)
- Water Bottle with your name on it
- Bandana or spray bottle to help stay cool (optional)
- Props for skit night – hats, costumes, etc. (optional)
- Aloe vera for sunburn (optional)
- Phones are ok, but not to be used during rehearsals. Cell reception may be weak or nonexistent
Get ready for a great time!!!
updated August 5, 2022