Join the fun, meet other band parents, and be a part of your student’s band world! If you’re able to help out, sign up via the Signup Genius links in ParentSquare. Questions? Contact the Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. Thank you for helping!
Job descriptions are below. Detailed instructions will be on Signup Genius. Note: Volunteers must complete school clearance paperwork (levels 1 through 4).
Chaperones (level 3)
Accompany students to on-site and off-site events and assist with first aid and other minor issues. Hand out snacks. Ride on the bus with students when applicable.
- Applies to TNRs, off-site and on-site field show performances, band camp, parades and off-site concert performances.
- No special skills required.
Pit Crew (level 2)
Assist students in the pit (front ensemble) in bringing instruments (e.g. timpani, xylophone, electric bass, drum kit) to the field prior to a field show performance and getting instruments on and off the field for performances.
- Applies to most TNRs, football games and off-site and on-site field show performances.
- Requires ability to push large items on a dolly.
Uniforms – start of year (no clearance required)
At the beginning of the year, help students with uniform fitting and/or hemming.
Uniforms – marching season (level 3)
During marching season, help students with plumes for hats before and after performances. May assist with other uniform needs, such as shoe wipes, black socks, and hair supplies.
Photographer (level 2)
Take photos before and during performances for our website, newsletters, and end-of-year slideshow for families to enjoy. Upload photos to a shared Google drive.
- Applies to football games, on-site and off-site field shows, parades and concerts.
- Volunteers can sign up for individual events, not the whole season. If you have a camera (or a phone with a decent camera), you are qualified!
Videographer (level 2)
Take video of field show and parade performances for students to review during class. Reviewing video of performances helps the students improve! For parades, video must shot be from the side as the students walk by (so viewers can see how straight the rows were). Upload video to a shared Google drive.
- Applies to football games, on-site and off-site fields shows, parades and concerts.
- Volunteers can sign up for individual events, not the whole season. If you have a video camera (or a phone with a decent camera) and a tripod, you are qualified!
Trailer or U-Haul Driver (level 2)
Band equipment gets transported to off-site field shows and concerts in trailers and U-Hauls. Trailer driver requires a truck to pull the trailer. No special license required.
Board and Committees (no clearance required)
SLOIMBA is run by a volunteer board, and help is always needed. If you would like to get involved with fundraising, communications, auditing and other behind-the-scenes needs, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
SLOHS hosts a field show in the spring. Look for details on ParentSquare.