Join the fun, meet other band parents, and be a part of your student’s band world!
Sign-up on Signup Genius to reserve a game pass bracelet. You’ll be emailed detailed instructions a few days before the game, and will work with a lead volunteer. Thank you for helping!
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org. To find about other volunteer opportunities, visit the Volunteer page.
Uniform Support Crew – 4 Volunteers (Level 3)
Help students with uniform needs before the game, half-time and one or two volunteers after the game.
5:30 at the Band Room. Receive game pass bracelet and name tag with instructions.
- Before students arrive, set-up uniform support areas.
- Supply plumes for hats, water drinking station with cups.
- Attend uniform needs such as shoe wipes, black socks, and hair supplies.
- Pull wagon with flip-folders to the stadium.
- After half-time show, be at band room before they arrive. (Watch from the field?)
- Remove plumes.
- Ensure uniforms are hung correctly, especially the pants. Shoes are cleaned and placed in garment bag. Uniforms go into a car after the game.
- After game, clean-up uniform support supplies and tables.
Photographer – 1 Volunteer (Level 2)
Take close-up pictures of posed students as well as action shots, for families to enjoy.
At 6:15, get a game pass bracelet outside the Band Room.
- Photograph band students outside the band room and in block formation.
- Take photographs of the pre-game and half-time shows from the field or stands.
- Upload pictures to share on the Google Shared Drive “Tiger Media” and SLOHS Band 2018-19 Closed Facebook site.
Pit Crew – 5 Volunteers (Level One)
Help with loading, unloading, and staging band equipment at football games and marching competitions. The Front Ensemble or Pit consists of the instruments too large to carry onto the front of the field such as marimbas, amplifiers and drum major podium.
At 6:00, meet at the container by the band room to get a pass bracelet.
- Drive golf cart with trailer to/from stadium to place drum major podium for pre-game show and Star Spangled Banner.
- At Half-time – help students unload/load equipment on field for performance.
- After performance – Drive golf cart pulling trailer with equipment back to loading area, unload equipment and return to Band Shed. Volunteers park golf cart & trailer inside shed. Band Shed (Shipping Container) is to the left of the stadium, on the track.
Bleacher Support Crew – 4 Volunteers (Level 1)
Reserve a section of the stadium stands for the band to sit. Remove ropes after the game.
Bleacher Crew uses Band Shed by Stadium. Water & Paper cups will be provided in the stands. Students don’t use water bottles.
The bleacher crew lead will get the bleachers covers and band sign at 5:50 to bring to the bleachers. Bleacher crew meets at the band section of the stands by 6:00.
- At Band Shed, load equipment.
- When JV game ends, set up barrier rope and seat covers. Attach water jugs.
- Hang band banner at the top of section.
- Sit along the edges of the block to keep non-band attendees from sitting or walking across roped area.
- Students perform before the game, then sit down in stands.
- During half-time & third quarter, when students are gone, keep others out of empty band area, protect instruments and flip folders left behind.
- Post Game – 2 Volunteers – After game ends, remove equipment and return to Band Shed.
- Ask a parent to take wagon w/ flip folders and any forgotten items to the band room.
Videographer (Level Two)
Take video of the pre-game show and half-time show, which helps students to make improvements.
- Get a game pass bracelet from Michele Emley at the Stadium Entrance.
- At 6:30 pm, set-up tripod and equipment on the top of the press box.
- Record the pre-game (6:45 pm) and half-time show. Used for marching review in class
- Upload videos on the weekend to the Google Shared Drive “Tiger Media” for Ms. Jeskey to use in class on Monday.
Band Booster Concessions Table – 2 Volunteers (Level One)
Sell items & promote band at the table inside the stadium entrance. You can still watch the pre-game and half-time shows. Close up table during the third quarter.
- Help set-up posters/display. Make sure cash box is ready.
- Sell Spirit Beads and Hoses.
- Sell Tote bags via flyer, with sample at the table.
- Promote fundraising events.
- Create a presence of strong band supporters at SLOHS.
- Extend greetings to visiting band members/families.
- Take down table during the third quarter.