Before each school year, we kick off the marching season with Band Camp. Color guard and band members will work with music coaches, learn marching techniques, and bond closely as a team. Since we’re expecting one hundred students and have a home football game the Friday before school starts, the Band Camp days have been increased to insure a successful beginning of the year. Please add these dates to your family calendar, and let us know that your child will attend, so that we have an accurate count. Sign and return this form to the address below.
Get your packing in order with this handy Packing List ->
- Wednesday, Aug. 8 – Uniform Fitting at SLOHS, by appointment, seniors first
- Thursday, Aug. 9 – Uniform Fitting at SLOHS, by appointment, seniors first
- Thursday, Aug. 9 – All Band Meeting and Instrument Checkout for Returning Band Members
- Friday, Aug. 10 – 9 am – 3 p.m. – Freshman & New Member Day at SLOHS, including instrument checkout and uniform fitting
- Saturday, Aug. 11 – 8:30 a.m. – All band member day in the band room
- Saturday, Aug. 11 – 8:30 a.m. – Parent Social, Parent meeting starts at 9 a.m.
- Sunday, Aug. 12 – 8:30 a.m. – All band member day in the band room
- Monday, Aug. 13 – High school registration and then ride the bus to Band Camp @ Camp Ocean Pines
- Tuesday, Aug. 14 – Band Camp @ Camp Ocean Pines
- Wednesday, Aug. 15 – Band Camp @ Camp Ocean Pines
- Monday, Aug. 20 – First Day of School
Links for more information
Want to Join SLOHS Band?
If you are new to the area, or will be a Freshman but didn’t attend Laguna MS, or you currently attend SLOHS and want to be in band….
Please contact Sharon Jeskey, Director of Bands, for more information at email@example.com
Please plan to attend band camp August 8-15.
We do not receive any funding from the district to pay for this essential learning and bonding experience, so we depend on outside sources. The SLO Instrumental Music Boosters Association (SLOIMBA) raises funds to ensure that all student musicians attend camp, which will cost around $20,000. To help accomplish this, we are asking parents to make a $200 donation. All band students benefit from this fund. If you’re not able to donate at this time, please consider helping with any fundraising activities.
Band parent Jackie Kinsey firstname.lastname@example.org shops for our travel food. Please note any brand or flavor of food that are listed in sign-ups for food donations.
If you have a life-threatening food allergy, please contact Sharon Jeskey at email@example.com .
New this week: Please email Jackie with any dietary considerations so we may ensure there is plenty of food for all during our events and travels. For example: Vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, wheat-free, and so on.