Get your packing in order with this handy Packing List ->
We have sleeping bags to lend.
- Tues 7, Wed 8, Thurs 9 – Percussion Practice, Band Room, 9 – 4:30 p.m.
- Tues 7, Wed 8, Thurs 9 – Color Guard Practice, Band Room, 9 – 4:30 p.m.
- Wed 8 – Uniform Fitting for returning students by Appointment, Taylor Gym
- Thurs 9 – Uniform Fitting for returning students by Appointment, Taylor Gym
- Thurs 9 – Instrument Check-outs for returning students, Instructions soon from Sander, Band Room
- Fri 10 – Band Camp for Freshmen/New students, Band Room, 9 – 3 p.m.
- Sat 11 – All Band Members Day, Band Room, 8:30 a.m. – TBD (Parent Social-8:30, Meeting at 9 a.m. in Room 516
- Sun 12 – All Band Members Day, Band Room, 8:30 a.m. – TBD
- Mon 13 – SLOHS Orientation, Special time just for Band, 7 a.m., Call time 6:45 a.m. in line at Big Gym. Leave gear in your car.
- Mon 13 – Students & gear driven by parents to Camp Ocean Pines, 8 a.m.
- Mon 13, Tues 14, Wed 15 – Camp Ocean Pines, returned by bus early evening Wed. 8/15.
- Thurs 16 – Band Practice 4-6 p.m. or when field is available.
- Fri 17 – Home Game #1 vs. Arroyo Grande, call time 5:45 p.m. Perform before & during game. Done @ 9:30 p.m.
- Mon 20 – First day of school – Late start at 9:30 a.m. (Jazz Band class starts at 8:30 a.m.)
- Tue 21 – Tuesday Night Rehearsal (TNR), 6 – 8:30 p.m., Band Room.
Links for more information
Want to Join SLOHS Band?
If you are new to the area, or will be a Freshman but didn’t attend Laguna MS, or you currently attend SLOHS and want to be in band….
Please contact Sharon Jeskey, Director of Bands, for more information at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please plan to attend band camp August 8-15.
We do not receive any funding from the district to pay for this essential learning and bonding experience, so we depend on outside sources. The SLO Instrumental Music Boosters Association (SLOIMBA) raises funds to ensure that all student musicians attend camp, which will cost around $20,000. To help accomplish this, we are asking parents to make a $200 donation. All band students benefit from this fund. If you’re not able to donate at this time, please consider helping with any fundraising activities.
Band parent Jackie Kinsey email@example.com shops for our travel food. Please note any brand or flavor of food that are listed in sign-ups for food donations.
If you have a life-threatening food allergy, please contact Sharon Jeskey at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Please email Jackie with any dietary considerations so we may ensure there is plenty of food for all during our events and travels. For example: Vegetarian, vegan, dairy-free, wheat-free, and so on.