Welcome to Band Camp!
Let’s get ready for Marching Season with Band Camp! We’ll work with music coaches, learn marching skills, prepare our field show, and bond closely together as a team.
A detailed itinerary of each day will be provided a week before camp starts, but here are the basics of each day.
- Tues 7, Wed 8, Thurs 9 – Percussion Practice, 9 – 4:30 p.m.
- Tues 7, Wed 8, Thurs 9 – Color Guard Practice, 9 – 4:30 p.m.
- Wed 8 – Uniform Fitting for returning students by Appointment.
- Thurs 9 – Uniform Fitting Appointments & Instrument Check-outs for returning students.
- Fri 10 – Band Camp for Freshmen/New students, Band Room, 9 – 3 p.m.,
- Sat 11 – All Band Members Day, Band Room, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m. (Parent Social, 8:30, Meeting at 9 a.m.)
- Sun 12 – All Band Members Day, Band Room, 8:30 a.m. – 4 p.m.
- Mon 13 – SLOHS Orientation, Special time just for Band, 7 a.m., Call time 6:45 a.m. in line at Big Gym.
- Mon 13 – Students & gear driven by parents to Camp Ocean Pines, 8:30 a.m. (Please bring money to pay for one lunch in Cambria during camp days)
- 8/13-15 – Camp Ocean Pines, returned by bus early evening Wed. 8/15.
Uniform Fitting for Returning Students by Appointment
Taylor Gym at the School District Office, 1500 Lizzie Street, SLO
Sign-ups for timeslots available soon.
Freshman & New Member Day, SLOHS Band Room
Led by the student band board, this orientation will welcome all new members into the band with a variety of activities and marching practice. You’ll check out instruments and get fitted for you uniform. Morning snack provided.
All-Band Members Days, SLOHS Band Room
All new and returning band students will meet in the band room for a day of marching. You’ll learn about Camp Ocean Pines. Morning snack provided.
Students receive class schedules, school pictures, ID cards, and PE clothes. There will be a special band student session at 7 a.m. and all students must be in line at the New Gym at the 6:45 a.m. Afterward, parents drive students to Camp Ocean Pines at 1473 Randall Drive, Cambria, CA 93428.
Camp Ocean Pines
Students will participate in sectional lessons with professional coaches, marching practice, full rehearsals, evening campfire, free time in Cambria (bring money for lunch), and many other fun activities. This accredited camp comes with dining hall, amphitheater and cabins, for nine students and a chaperone, each with a bathroom and shower. All meals, snacks, and drinks at Camp Ocean Pines are provided. You’ll have a chance to let Ms. Jeskey know of any food allergies or dietary considerations. Students will be driven by parents to camp, but will return on a bus Wednesday evening. Parents pick up students at SLOHS after the trip is concluded. campoceanpines.org
Sleeping bags and duffel bags are available to lend. Please don’t hesitate to ask!
Drive north past Morro Bay and Cayucos toward Cambria approxiamately 35 miles.
Turn Left at the Ardath Dr. and take it until you reach a 4-way stop. Continue straight on Ardath veering slightly to the left once the ocean is in view. Turn left onto Randall Dr. after reaching the next stop sign. From here you will travel up a hill and the sign for Camp Ocean Pines will be on your right.
If you have any questions about band camp or need to borrow equipment, contact Cristina Diederich at firstname.lastname@example.org.